Are you still finding your self stocked up on previous Android previous versions like KitKat and Lollipop, and since your device manufacturers didn’t provide you with an update notification for new versions like Nougat and Oreo, this brings about the idea behind today’s article. In this article we’ve detailed out every steps that’ll be needed if you want to install Android Nougat & Oreo versions on any Android device. Keep reading the article to know more and learn how to do this.
Android OS is so far one of the best mobile operating system globally, not just because of the fruity names it gives to each versions of it’s OS, but because of the amazing features that comes with every version of its OS. Another reason why people love it is, it’s an open source operating system and this allows users to recreate or modify it to their taste. People were in excitement and confusion when Google released the Android Nougat, and Oreo version, people felt bad because not all could actually have a glimpse of how Nougat is, then how will they enjoy Oreo.
Nevertheless, a solution has been found and now you can install Android Nougat & Oreo on any Android device of your choice, without receiving software update notification from your device manufacturers. Though doing this, is in a way risky and could get your Android device bricked, but if you do follow the procedure cautiously, it would be successful. The complete guide on how to carryout these steps are written below, so check them out.
- You will be needing an unlocked bootloader or root access.
- A custom recovery (TWRP, or CWM).
- You will also need to get a Custom ROM to flash your Android device which has the stock ROM.
How to Install Android Nougat & Oreo on Any Android Device
Note: We are not to be held responsible if your device gets bricked or stuck up in boot-loop, so therefore anything you do, is at your own risk. We advice you follow up the steps cautiously, and carefully for a successful version installation.
STEP 1. Always Make Sure to Choose the Right Custom ROM and GApps Package
Ever since the Custom ROMs are built uniquely for every Android device, it is important for you to choose your preferred Custom ROM which is designed for your Android device only. XDA Developers are one of the best developers of Custom ROMs for almost every Android device. Their pages are mostly recognized by Google where you’ll find the Custom ROMs which support Android Nougat and Oreo for different Android devices. There are other great developers too like Cyanogen Mod who develop such Custom ROMs for you. You can check them out and get the best Custom ROM for your Android device.
STEP 2. Flash your Android Device With the Custom ROM
After downloading the required files on your Android device, you will need to turn off your device then switch into recovery mode. You can do this by pressing and holding Power+Volume Up button for a few seconds. Once you have successfully entered the recovery mode, follow the steps below to flash your Android device with the Custom ROM.
- Method 1 – Select ‘Wipe’ from the list and then select ‘Advanced Wipe’ in the next window.
- Method 2 – Select any partition depending on what you wish and then swipe right on the option to confirm the partitions.
- Method 3 – Once you’re done with step 2, now navigate to the TWRP home screen, and tap on Install. Then, scroll down on the list, select the file of the Custom ROM which you had previously downloaded on your Android device.
- Method 4 – Once you are done with the above step, you’re few mins away from completing the task, but you’ll still need to confirm changes, and the best way to do that is by flashing your device again.
- Method 5 – Once you’ve done that, now you’ll need to flash the GApps which you had downloaded on your Android device. You have to follow the same steps as you did for flashing the Custom ROM on your Android device.
- Method 6 – Once you’ve completed the steps above, now make sure you reboot your android device, you’ll need patience because it will take some time to boot due to the recent update you made on it.
After the booting process is completed, just like every new device we buy, we’ll surely set them up and fill in our details. That’s what you’ll do but you’ll see the difference because your device will be running on either Nougat or Oreo, depending on the Custom ROM you installed.
This is how you can install Android Nougat & Oreo on Any Android smartphone. Once you follow up the procedures above (carefully), you do get to enjoy any of them Android version which you installed it’s Custom ROM. If I’ve helped you, then do not hesitate to share this article to others for their benefit. Thanks.